How do you display the JIRA issue number in Service Desk client view?

Deborah Mulholland April 14, 2015

How do you display the JIRA issue number in Service Desk client view?  We are tracking via this number and the client cannot see it.

2 answers

0 votes
Deborah Mulholland April 14, 2015

Thank you.

Is it possible to display this, though, at the portal level without opening the ticket?  The client would like to search on ticket number, at the portal level.  Service Desk seems remarkably limited compared to JIRA.

Nga Lai April 15, 2015

Yes, you can open the ticket in JIRA view by clicking on the link if you have JIRA access and 'browse project' permission (collaborator or agent).

Deborah Mulholland April 16, 2015

Thank you. The question is: Can you display the Jira number in the client service desk portal view where all the issues are displayed ? It seems I keep asking the same question and getting the same answer which does not answer the question I’m asking.

lboogie April 24, 2015

Hi there,

I know this isn't an answer but I thought adding some screenshots would clarify the issue so someone can answer this question. We are having the same issue as Tony. We need to be able to do the following:

• Have our customers see the reference key in the portal view (not the individual ticket view) so they can quickly find a ticket based on reference key

portal.png

• Search for an issue based on its reference key 

search.png

As you can see in the screenshots, the portal view only shows the summary and not the reference key. We don't want our users to have to click into an individual ticket to find the reference key.

Please let me know if any of this is unclear and I can elaborate.

Thank you!

-Landi

Jakob Stoltz June 15, 2015

We would also like to know if this is possible. There is a need from our customers to see the issue key in the portal view.

0 votes
Jose Raupp
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2015

Hey Tony,

Actually customers should be able to view the issue key from Service Desk Portals. They just need to open the ticket and on the top right corner of the screen there will be a Reference: field.

Deborah Mulholland April 15, 2015

Thank you. Is it possible to display this, though, at the portal level without opening the ticket? The client would like to search on ticket number, at the portal level. Service Desk seems remarkably limited compared to JIRA.

Suggest an answer