How do you delete a screenshot attachment from a jira?

DeniseThompson397 July 15, 2014

Hi, I can't seem to delete a screen shot from a jira, can you help.

Is there another way of getting rid of it. I may have to clone another one and close the jira.

3 answers

0 votes
DeniseThompson397 July 16, 2014

sorry I could delete it. Please ignore this question. I was expecting to see the bin further to the right and it was hard up against the picture.

0 votes
Thomas Leineweber
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2014

If you have the "Delete Attachment" permission, you can find a little trash under the thumbnail representing the screenshot. It might appear only when you hover over the thumbnail.

The alternative is the manage attachments dialog. If you can delete a screenshot, a trash bin is shown at the right of the corresponding line in the table.

0 votes
Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2014

Can you check if you have 'Delete Attachment' permission ?

If you have, move the cursor on the screen shot, the delete button will be visible at the right-bottom corner.

You can also remove the attachments from 'Manage Attachments' option from the attachments tab.

DeniseThompson397 July 15, 2014

I can delete other attachments, no problem, so I assume that I have "delete attachment permission". I just can't delete SCREEN SHOTS, nowhere does it give me an option to do that. Also, I don't think I have an attachments tab but I'll look tomorrow at work. Thanks

Suggest an answer