How do you create notifications based on issue severity?

BernardH December 10, 2014

I want notifications to go out to a group based on Critical & Major only.

I have tried a notification scheme (it does not allow you to specify severity)

I have tried subscription, but I don't want to spam the users showing ALL notifications based on my filter. I want the notification to pop when the critical/major issue is created.

Thoughts?

3 answers

1 vote
Vladimir Horev _Raley_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2015

You can try our plugin Raley Emails Notifications - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/net.vacom.jirassimo

Define your custom JQL as "severity in (Critical, major)" and specify email destination. 

1 vote
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2014

Subscription is the only way I can think of. Since you want only a notification on creation, use a filter like:

created > -15m and severity in (Critical, major)

and use a group subscription (don't send mails if no results) with following cron expression

0 0/15 * * * ? *
BernardH December 11, 2014

Thanks...testing this solution now! If this does not work I will try the plugin route offered by Paul.

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 11, 2014

Pauls suggestion will not work if you're using JIRA Cloud, since this plugin (or others) aren't available. See: https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=315326753

0 votes
Paul Fink December 10, 2014

Install the "Jira Scripting Suite" plugin (free)

You can then add a post function to workflow (on the Create Issue transition) that will trigger a notification event based on the severity.

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 10, 2014

But it is not available for JIRA Cloud...

Suggest an answer