How do you create filter in same order as planning board

Ben Gidley July 28, 2014

I'm trying to create JQL to show our backlog including current sprint and can't figure out how to get it in the right order

'Order by rank' does sort the output but it mixes in sprint items with backlog items.

What I really want is 'order by sprint, rank' but JIRA can't sort on Sprint as well.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jose Raupp
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2014

Hi Ben,

Unfortunately it is not possible to order by sprint (as you already noticed), but we do have an improvement request for this under https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-7664. Please feel free to vote on this request and add yourself as a watcher if you want get notified on future updates.

In the meantime, I'm sending here a few options that won't do exactly what you need but may be helpful:

1 - create a JQL for each Sprint (or "Sprint IS EMPTY" to see your backlog items)

2 - export your search results to Excel so you can manipulate the results there

3 - create a custom field and manually set the sprint value to this field (there is a plugin that would allow you to automatically set the value of an existing field to a custom field, but it is not available for OnDemand at this moment)

Cheers,

Jose

Suggest an answer