How do you create a filter with the issues that have not been linked to a epic link ?

Alex_D February 26, 2015

Hello,having a database with 400 issues for example and only 125 issues that are not linked, I would like to know how can I create a JIRA Filter that ONLY shows the issues that have not been linked to an epic link.

Is it necessary to use advanced search or how it is done?

P.S: I am kinda new to JIRA sad

Thank you in advance

3 answers

3 votes
Yair Mark July 25, 2018

In the issue navigator if you use a query like the below it works:

project = YourProjectCodeHere AND "Epic Link"=null

Arunkumar D May 28, 2019

Thanks Yair Mark. It works

1 vote
julia.simon@datadoghq.com December 3, 2019

Neither "Epic Link" is empty or "Epic Link"=null work for me

Pedram Mireftekhari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2020

try ...AND parent is EMPTY

Like # people like this
Glen Cochrane March 10, 2020

We have a Service Desk project for Enhancement Requests which links to a Dev project. Each Dev task needs to then be linked to an EPIC (in Dev project). We use the following if it helps anyone in a similar scenario.

project = Development AND type not in (Epic) AND issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("project = ServiceDesk and type = \"Enhancement Request\"")

karim.belhadj March 25, 2020

@Glen Cochrane  to use issue Function you need scriptrunner ;) 

Glen Cochrane March 25, 2020

@karim.belhadj woops, thanks for pointing that out. SR has been part of our Jira for so long I forget what's standard 🙄

Nikolay Simeonov May 12, 2021

... and parent is empty worked for me 

NG project

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2015

Definitely an advanced search.  Try:

"Epic Link" is empty

Suggest an answer