How do you control Agile Board Ranking?

Marc L May 8, 2013

I'm using the Agile Board to manage my Backlog and I find that when new issues are created, they are inadvertently added amongst the ranked stories.

For example,

1) If an issue is created on the Projects page, the issue is ranked at the bottom of the backlog.

2) If an issue is created on the Agile Board page, the issue is ranked underneath a selected story.

Is there a way to prevent 2)?

When new issues are created, I want them ranked consistently at the bottom of the backlog. Or, I want a section on the Agile Board that contains un-ranked backlog items...when an issue is created, it's "not ranked" by default...this will force me to consciously move the ticket from "un-ranked" to "backlog".

1 answer

Marc L May 22, 2013

I believe the feature request you refer to is to allow tickets to be created underneath a highlighted/selected story. That's actually the situation I'm trying to avoid. Having an issue selected doesn't mean I want a new story created underneath it. There should be a separate section in the backlog for new tickets called "pending" which will force the user to prioritize the story explicitly instead of assuming the placement of the story. To insert a new story directly in the backlog, I suggest you right click and select from the menu "Create New Story here..."

Suggest an answer