How do you choose the resolution setting of an issue?

greg January 25, 2014

Hi everyone, quick question from a JIRA newbie:

I understand that you use Resolution to describe why an issue is closed (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/What+is+an+Issue#WhatisanIssue-Resolution). We figured out how to close an issue by using the Closed link in the Workflow menu, but we can't figure out how to then set the resolution of that issue.

For example, let's say I have an issue and I want to set the Status to Closed and the Resolution to Duplicate. Where can I chose from the different available Resolution settings for a particular issue?

Thanks for the help!

Greg

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2014

You set a resolution by selecting a value in the resolution field.

You have to make sure that the field is placed on the right screens, and is valid for your project/issuetype (check the field configuration for your project).

The right screenss is s a bit more complex - you need to open the workflow and look for the transitions that go into "closed" status and make sure it uses a screen that includes "resolution"

Suggest an answer