How do you check what user has made changes in JIRA? (Workflows, Transitions, Custom Fields, etc.)

Efrain plascencia May 1, 2015

Is there a way to see what users are making changes in JIRA? I know it might be too general of a question so I'm more interested in users who are making changes to workflows transitions, states, etc.

3 answers

1 vote
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 1, 2015

It might be in the log. However, you should have a limited number of people able to make those kind of changes and I STRONGLY suggest you use standard change control processes to review, approve, and implement ALL changes. I've often put up a JIRA Change Request project with a type select list of update select list, add field, add project, modify workflow, modify screen, add workflow, add screen, and such. I've often found people wanting a field added to their project that already exists, they just didn't know because it was created for a project they don't use.

0 votes
geemedia_admin May 1, 2015

Check the Audit Log, in Admin / System. This will let you see changes to project roles, workflows and more.

Also, Joe is right. As an admin, it's a problem if users make change to configs without your knowledge. It's much harder politically to remove admin rights to a user, but if users you can't trust are messing up your config, this has to be done.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 1, 2015

I'd enable the audit log, then you'll be able to track admin activities.

... and what Joe says - track the changes in JIRA with a JIRA project.

Suggest an answer