How do you change the Project Lead? What authority does a Project Lead have?

John Kramer August 27, 2012

I setup Jira as a play environment. We have determined the flow and how we want to use Jira / Confluence. I want to either delete all of the test data or change a lot of the settings. Some settings like Project Lead are not easily maintained.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2012

Hi, OnDemand is a lot different and the admin can be more confusing. On the Projects drop down near the top, select your project and press "Administer Project" near the top right.

Under Settings there is a "JIRA Project" item. Press Configure there. On the left hand side you will then see a people link. Press that and you will be able to edit the Project Lead.

John Kramer September 4, 2012

You need to go to the issues tab ...

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2012

You can change it from Administration > Project > People tab.

A project Lead doesn't have much authority unless provided in the permission scheme. A useful option other than using in project permissions is to select the option to assign all unassigned issues by default to project lead.

John Kramer August 27, 2012

Jobin,

I am able to see project(s) but there is not People tab. We are using Jira On Demand. As you state the lead does not have a lot of authority, but I just wanted to clean things up.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 27, 2012

See Harry's answer ;)

Suggest an answer