How do you bulk remove access for users during maintenance Cloud version?

Aaron May 25, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Bulk Remove User Access From JIRA During Maintenance Or For Test Instances

The approach described here doesn't match what's available in the latest Cloud version of JIRA. I can get to the "Application access configuration screen", which has a "can sign in" checkbox for the jira-users group, but it's disabled and cannot be unchecked.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2016

You don't. 

On Cloud, you're not able to do the things that usually require users to be locked out while they are done (upgrades and migrations etc).  So there's no need for it.

Aaron May 25, 2016

In our case, we're migrating from one cloud domain to another, and prevent users from inadvertently signing into the old domain. I can rig a permission scheme and apply it to all the projects to at least hide things, but was thinking that removing access might be cleaner. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2016

I'd use the banner to put something in big red letters across the top - something like "you will lose everything you put in here"

But yes, this is a case where it would be useful to have the "turn off" access.  You could remove the jira-users group from the global "can use" permission - I think that should lock everyone except the admins out!

Suggest an answer