How do you add the Sprint field as an option in the "+" more option in Issue Navigator?

Veronica Stewart January 23, 2013

How can you get the sprint field available in the More option in Issue navigator?

This field is not available to sort/filter in issue navigator. We added the "sprint" field to the default screen, but this did not work.

Please help!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2013

It's a pain to query on the sprint, you need to work out the sprint ID - see https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-4949.

Also see my comment for a possible solution.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2013
You can add in the screen. But why is it needed? It is already present in the agile tab in the view issue screen. Also editing it manually needs that you know the integer value of the sprint. Even that is not needed as Gh allows you to add new items to ongoing sprints , AFAIK. And for future sprints the value is not filled and it gets added to issues after sprint starts.
Veronica Stewart January 23, 2013

Two things:

1) I would like it visible in the screen and not a hidden field in order for me filter by sprint in issue navigator and save the issue in order to pull for printing cards for our physical board (required per leadership).

2) Many users have complained that it would be easier to manage new items introduced into a sprint (production bugs - just how we manage in Jira) that they cannot easily designate the sprint so they do not have to go to the backlog and drag it up into the sprint.

Suggest an answer