How do we update plugin that compatible with jira 6.3.4?

Suresh September 8, 2014

Hi All,

we have currently 5.2 JIRA version.soon we are upgrading  to 6.3.4

Can I getcompatible add-ons for JIRA 6.3.4 version on "manage addons section" in currentlly installed jira.So that can update directly from there. 

My Thanks,

3 answers

0 votes
tousifs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2014

Hi Kite,

upgrading JIRA from 5.2 to 6.3 you should refer to this link. https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/JIRA+6.3+Upgrade+Notes .

1) at the same time you should check required plugins on marketplace.atlassian.com for 6.3 JIRA version.

2) if installed custom plugins should upgrade API to 6.3.

3) whenever using database 5.2 for 6.3  Plugins table will update required  plugins if found else few plugins will be uncompatible.

Thank  you,

Tousif shaikh.

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj September 8, 2014

Hi Suresh

You can check marketplace.Atlassian.com all the plugins you are using have an updates release for the latest version of Jira. If you have custom plugins, you will have to update then to the latest version of Jira, test and deploy.

Bhushan Nagaraj September 8, 2014

Sorry about the many typos, answering from my mobile device. Also make sure you read the upgrade guide before performing an upgrade.

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2014

Only if the plugin states that it can.   It is not as common that it is possible.   If you force the plugins, you can harm your system because there could be different api interfaces at major releases that will not work with the downgraded versions of Jira.

What the normal procedure is place JIRA in maintenance mode.   Disable the plugins that cannot be upgraded.  Upgrade JIRA and then upgrade the disabled plugins.   Then enable the plugins and verify your upgrade JIRA system.

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 8, 2014

Oh, sometimes you did not need to disable because the upgrade process could disable plugins. I had this work sometimes, but sometimes I needed to restore because I messed things as well. If you have a test environment, you can experiment to figure things out.

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 8, 2014

Also read any upgrade notes to see if they will effect you or not.

Suggest an answer