How do we trigger Jira re-indexing on windows server?

Jakob Nielsen May 18, 2017

We want to re-index our Jira server every night. I found the following guide, but it is only for linux: Guideline for Linux

Is it possible to somehow apply this to a windows server? 

1 answer

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2017

Can I ask you, why are we doing this? Ideally we shouldn't be doing this as indexes are updated automatically when issues are updated and when configuration changes are done, it is a concious decision to reindex.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2017

I'm with Renjith on this.

A requirement for "regular reindexing" is almost always masking a significant problem that you should be fixing.

It's "plastering over the cracks" instead of "fixing the subsidence of the house"

Jakob Nielsen May 18, 2017

Automatic reindexing has been disabled, as the server becomes very slow when it is running. 

Every time a project is changed, it requires a reindexing. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2017

That's a pretty big structural problem.

Turning off indexing is the worst thing you could possibly have done.

You need to look into the performance issues, not render your systems useless by turning off bits of them.

Suggest an answer