How do we integrate Testlink 1.9.14 with JIRA Agile 7

Our scenario is to be able to relate user stories or bugs directly to test link items that appear in JIRA after integrating it with Testlink.

But in JIRA 7, how to enable REST API. We have recently upgraded JIRA (earlier through SOAP we could do the integration with other applications).

Can anyone shed some light on this, if possible with some steps of references.

Thank you

Raghav

9 answers

0 votes
Dominique Delforge May 2, 2019

Dear all, 

i can't make connection between jira & testlink, can you help me ?

0 votes
ivangrafutko April 19, 2017

You can find most of the procedure in here. Be sure you understand each step as they are identical regardless of the interface. 

Also if you are using jira version 7.0 and up SOAP inteface has been removed. I suggest using rest. (In jira navigate to profile page and check version at the bottom of the page)

http://blogs.quovantis.com/step-by-step-integration-of-jira-with-testlink/

Its rather basic. Navigate to issue tracker managnment. Create new or edit existing. Input info. Then click wrench icon and you are all set.

[jira(Interface:rest)].

<issuetracker>
<username>username</username>
<password>password</password>
<uribase>Your jira URL</uribase>

<uriapi>Your jira URL/rest/api/latest/</uriapi>
<uriview>Your jira URL/browse/</uriview>
<userinteraction>1/0</userinteraction>

<projectkey>Key</projectkey>
<issuetype>10004</issuetype>

</issuetracker>

Pamela June 26, 2017

Can someone please advie me how to get test link and jira connection to work. Currectly when i test the connection after setting up Jira on Test link I get the " Test Connection KO".

thanks

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 26, 2017

Have you looked through the blog post Ivan gave?

Pamela June 26, 2017

yes I did, I followed every step until step 5 successfully. when I click  the Check connection button at the botton of the Issue Tracker Management page I get the "Test Connection KO" response.

I am not sure what is it that I might be doing wrong. See below my Rest configuration

<issuetracker> <username>my Jira username</username> <password> my Jira password</password> <uribase>https://myjira.atlassian.net/</uribase> <uriapi>https://myjira.atlassian.net/rest/api/latest/</uriapi> <uriview>https://myjira.atlassian.net/browse/</uriview> <uricreate>https:// myjira.atlassian.net/secure/CreateIssue!default.jspa</uricreate> <projectkey>myprojectkey</projectkey> </issuetracker>

I installed my testlink via the XAMPP package it is on my machine. I do not if it makes any difference. It is the my first time setting up testlink.

Thanks P

Pamela June 28, 2017

I managed to resolved my issue, above. Problem was with Testlink setup.

Tnx

Like Tushar likes this
shanmugappar May 8, 2018

I am facing the Same issue. Please let me know the steps you used to fix the issue

Muthu Vignesh June 4, 2018

I have followed this link(http://mantis.testlink.org/view.php?id=8107&history=1), which solved my problem

prasanna.r January 9, 2019

Hi Pamel,

Could you please provide the solution . How did u reslove it?

0 votes
aymen ardhaoui March 22, 2016

Hello Begoña, i'm a newbie to Qa and its tools, in fact I'm working on an undergraduate final year project... i'm trying to integrate Testlink 1.9.14 with JIRA. I installed the JIRA software 6.3.15 and chosen its integrated database. when i wanted to configure it in testlink and it said db , soap or rest i was confused. I figured db since i wanted to test it in my local machine then i couldnt fill with the needed uri and stuff.. like you see it's all new to me and it will be great if you helped me with some basic advice.

Thanks!

Aymen 

0 votes
Begoña Bonet February 24, 2016

I want to say that in my case, I think is beter to create in JIRA at least 2 new type of issues: TEST-CASE and TEST-SUITE with customfields to include the same (or similar) information that TestLink provide for these concepts, instead of using TestLink and conect with JIRA through the API REST.

I think (I not sure if I'm right because I've no experience with Testlink) that, the same features that Testlink provides to describe test cases can be reproduced in JIRA. Doesn't it?

0 votes

That's correct, through JIRA we should be able to refer to any test case. But to get that function, we should configure the rest API in JIRA first and that is what I have posted here for some advise.

I will keep you posted if I find anything in detail.

Cheers!

Raghav

0 votes
Begoña Bonet February 23, 2016

Ok!

We are planing about integrating Testlink and JIRA. Now we are using JIRA intensively but we haven't used Testlink jet. We are now evaluating Testlink.

We have also implemented a Requirements Management in JIRA which must be linked with Test suites (this is the reason to evaluate Testlink and JIRA integration).

My feeling is that, with our experience configuring JIRA, it will be relatively easy to create a Test Management in JIRA with issues representing Test cases and Test suites (as if we will use Testlink) and in this way to have all the information into JIRA (without using Testlink). What do you think about? What Testlink provides in addition to define an register tests and results?

Thanks in advance

Begoña

0 votes

Hi Begona, please share your comments/experience here.

Thanks!

0 votes
Begoña Bonet February 23, 2016

Hi Raghav, I'd like to answer about your Testlink and JIRA integration experience. Is that the rigth forum or do you prefere I'll send you an e-mail?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2016

The REST API is enabled and usable automatically in JIRA 7.  You just need to configure whatever you're using to do this "integration" to use it.

Hi Nic,

Thanks! Can you help us know the steps involved in configuring the REST API, please?

I mean, where to begin? etc.

Thanks

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 23, 2016

There isn't anything to configure in the REST interface.  It exposes functions that other systems can use to read and update data held in JIRA.  That's it.  It's there, you can use it.

You need to configure Testlink to use the REST interface, there's nothing to do in JIRA.

Going the other way, if you want JIRA to update Testllink, you'll need to set up things in JIRA to send the data over - post-functions, listeners, hooks etc - but to do that, you'll need to know what Testlink can respond to.

We are using the server version of JIRA 7. Should we configure for OAUTH or Basic access? if OAUTH then, can you tell me what should we enter?

I believe, once this is setup we should be able to see Testlink under JIRA.

Thank you

Raghav

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 23, 2016

Configure what?  What does the Testlink system require?

Navigation path in JIRA: Administration > Applications > Application  Links

Created a new link for Testlink, then edited it to set OAUTH or Basic access.

what should we enter inside?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 23, 2016

Whatever your Teslink system is going to use.  I can't tell you this, it's your system, and I'm not the admin for that system.

I have contacted Atlassian Support in this regard, hopefully I will get their advise and proceed from there on to configure TestLink.

Thanks! Nic.

Suggest an answer