How do we edit rank directly in the issue instead of using greenhopper?

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2012

I used to be able edit rank directly in the issue. But, even though I have rank and global rank as fields on the edit screen, I cannot edit either.

It seems I have to go through several steps to get into greenhopper and then use the agile boards to move them around to change rank. When they are in different versions, that's much more difficult because then I need to create a filter to apply to see those items in one list for ranking.

What is a better way for us to modify ranking?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rachel LeBlanc May 15, 2012

Kalynn,

What version of Greenhopper are you currently using? In GH 5.8 users no longer have the ability to edit Rank fields on the JIRA 'View Issue' page. The only way that 'Rank' fields can be changed is by drag-and-drop ranking on one of GreenHopper's boards. This change is a result of the switch to global ranking which means that ranking is no longer confined to just one project, so any changes to ranking of individual issues need to take account of the backlog (possibly multi-project) being viewed.

Rachel

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2012

We are an OnDemand user and have the most current version.

That's too bad since it requires so much more process/clicks to just rank an item. It seems that it could still be editable because you are ranking it in reference to others.

0 votes
Shawna Schnorr October 3, 2012

Let us see the issues/projects we do have permissions for at least.

Vote here:

GHS-3967 Open Open Global Rank should be Editable from Edit Issue screen

Suggest an answer