How do the JEP gadgets work exactly?

Roland Niese September 24, 2015

My colleagues have can not figure out how the JEP dashboard gadgets calculate their results exactly. Is there some detailed documentation about this? In particular, they doubt that the results of the time-between-status fields are correct.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 24, 2015

Hi Roland

Time between gadgets use 'time between' custom field results. They calculate time between selected statuses according to working calendar. 

What exactly are your doubts about?
You can raise an issue pointing some  screenshots of suspicious gadgets and issues, so that we can check if there's something wrong.

Tuncay Senturk

0 votes
Roland Niese October 6, 2015

Hi Tuncay,

I have checked with my customers. They were not aware that you can use different calendars. Their project was only counting working hours and skipped weekends. This made them think that the times in status are miscalculated. We checked their issues again and saw that the times are indeed correct. Sorry for bothering.

Roland

Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2015

No problem Roland, thanks for making all clear. for other users who may run into this issue, could you please mark my answer as accepted? Thanks

Suggest an answer