How do people get round having to keep changing the Customer Request type?

Richard November 12, 2015

So one thing that kinda annoys me about JIRA service desk is that Issue Types are not linked to Customer Request Type.

So if I change the Issue type (Maybe the customer chose the wrong one), the user then has to remember to change the Request Type which is further down the right side of the screen...

Kinda annoying because if you forget it doesnt have a Request type therefore no alerts go out!

Like wise if I create an issue, I can't seem to add the field Customer Request Type to the form (it says its on but doesnt show) so I have to after I have created it update that field...

So two question really - Do people deal with this in a way I haven't thought about maybe? and can the field show on the create screen?

1 answer

0 votes
Paulo Hennig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2015

Hello Stuart,

Notice that if you create an issue using the JIRA UI, you won't see the Customer Request Type as being tracked in the following issue:

As the customer don't have access to JIRA and can only access the Customer Portal, the customer request type is only a required field for the portal and in case if you don't set any customer request type, your customer won't be able to raise any tickets. 

Richard November 13, 2015

Thanks for the reply. While I understand your point, customers do use phones as well so sometimes the issue has to be logged that way, manually. The service desk agent then has remember to set that field. It's a key field because without it, emails won't go! So really it needs to be set at creation. The same if you change an issue type, you have to change the customer request type. Why go through the hassle of setting a request type and linking it to a issue type of it doesn't change when you switch? If I change the issue type to purchase then I would expect the related customer request type to be applied, otherwise again the most important aspect (sending emails) doesn't work.

Suggest an answer