How do i turn off mail generation when user is created using SOAP

Mohan Kiran August 27, 2013

Hello,

I am creating a user from my application using SOAP API in to MY JIRA.

I don't want to recieve email notification to that particular user when user is created.

So how do i turn off mail generation when account is created using SOAP.

Can you please help me out on this.

Thanks & Regards

Mohan Kiran

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2013

You can't control notifications using SOAP API. It is thrown from the JIRA core code.

Mohan Kiran August 27, 2013

But someone saying like this below.

I found a solution to this problem yesterday that worked for us.

Administration > Services > Select the service(s) > add parameter:
notifyusers=false

I tested this by creating a Yahoo account, and sending in a message. After adding that parameter, no more external account notifications!

If this is correct, can you explain me how should i add parameter to Mail service.
I am not getting any options to add parameter to mail service queue by editing also. I am attaching below two screenshots also. Please look into this and get back to me.
Thanks & Regards
Mohan Kiran
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2013

Mail Queue Service cannot be edited. And even if it can be, it won't help you because you are creating the user via SOAP. The option you are talking about is useful only when the user is created using mail handlers.

Suggest an answer