How do i set the Active sprint as default value on Create issue

Avi Gabay September 10, 2014

Hi,

i would like to set the current / active sprint as default value when user create an issue.

meaning, on every create issue the "sprint" field will be set with the active sprint value.

Thanks

Avi

3 answers

0 votes
softcrylicadmin May 9, 2018

Piggy back in this topic: Is there a way to validate the Reporter then assign the Sprint? 

Basically I have a user I have created that is the default assigned "Reporter" attached to my Share point portal Issue Collector Form. When a case is being created by this Reporter I want it to go straight into a Sprint I created using the process outlined above. 

Thanks in advance 

0 votes
Avi Gabay November 28, 2016

Thanks, does that mean that i will need to add this id in the workflow manually before every sprint?

can i use some variable such as ActiveSprint() ?

0 votes
KlimeB Yahoo November 17, 2016

I did this through adding "Update Custom Field" Post-function on Create.

As this way you will not get the Sprint drop-down menu, you will need to find the Id value of your sprint.

To get it, just create a filter by your sprint and go to Advanced mode - you will see its Id there.

Hope this will help.

Avi Gabay November 28, 2016

Thanks, does that mean that i will need to add this id in the workflow manually before every sprint?

can i use some variable such as ActiveSprint() ?

KlimeB Yahoo November 28, 2016

For this solution, yes, you will need to manually update the ID whenever you have new sprint.

If you have InHouse JIRA, you can probably do some custom coding to automatically get the latest sprint, but I have no examples for that. 

Caleb Bradley October 10, 2018

Oh wow, so this still the case 2 years later. Any updates? i.e. %%CURRENT_SPRINT%%

Suggest an answer