How do i restrict others to not open any stories in my Kanban board/project

Rachana Gupta January 19, 2018

How do i restrict others to not open any stories in my Kanban board/project

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2018

You don't.  If a user can see an issue, then they can see it using any view they have access to.

Thanks. I mean I no longer use the board/project. We have a new board in place, still few users open new stories in the old board inspite of socializing. That is the reason I need to restrict the user's to open new tickets to the old board.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2018

Boards are a view of a set of issues.  Projects are the issue containers.  So forget about the board.

If you want to stop people creating issues, take away their permission to do it.  Go into the project settings and look at the permission scheme.  It has a set of rules for sets of users.  You'll probably find a rule like "Create issue:  role of 'users'".  For that example, go to the project's user/people admin and remove the users and groups from the "users" role.

I'd also think about deleting the board, if you don't want people using it any more.

Thanks Nic, I would try this. We need to keep the old board for some more time, as we need some old records. Thanks again

Rachana Gupta January 22, 2018

Hi Nic,

I did the below step:

go to the project's user/people admin and remove the users and groups from the "users" role.

But in this case it is creating the issue, just that not visible on the board. I don't want to allow the user to create the issue in any ways. Any thoughts on this?

i

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 22, 2018

It sounds like you did not think through the permissions, but I didn't mention this.  Go back to the permissions, and I suspect you will find that the role "users" was also used for "browse project". 

You are going to have to work out how to separate out "browse" and "create" - I'd change the scheme so that you have something like a new "role" of "read only", put that in the "browse project" rule, and then put the users in that role in the

Rachana Gupta January 23, 2018

Thanks Nic for your help, this worked.

Suggest an answer