How do i make bulk changes to saved filters to fix the impact caused by renaming an issue type

Brad Hanks March 7, 2014

We have been using Jira for a bit longer than a year and would like to rename an issue type or two but don't want to edit all affected saved filters by hand if we can help it.

Is there a way to do a bulk change of all existing shared and private filters to make this change?

Perhaps by doing an export of just the filters, global search and replace, and reimport perhaps?

Also, what are the impacts of greenhopper dashboard, quick filters, etc., would we need to think about if we make changes to issue type names?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2014

I'm afraid not. There is no bulk-change for filters, or "export of filters" or any other way to handle this,

Later versions of Jira are a bit more clever with JQL - they quietly convert the name of custom fields from <name typed in> to <unique id of field> so you don't have to think about that, but I don't think this intelligent renaming has been applied to values of fields yet.

The only good news is that Agile dashboards and quick filters will work after they've been edited to match the new names - you won't lose any information.

Suggest an answer