How do i make a private(filter, dashboard,Rapid Board) public ?

I have a lot of private (filters, dashboards,Rapid Boards) where users have left the organization or as admins we wan't to modify troublesome queries..

4 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

I use script runner built in script to change ownership of a filter.

If you don`t have it you could user the user switcher plugin to impersonate another user and chage the filter ownership this way. (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.tngtech.jira.plugins.schizophrenia) ---it's free ;)

I am looking for something like this ..thanks!!

To identify filter owner, check searchrequest table.

As an administrator, you can change the ownership of boards and filters.  If you change them to yourself, you can then share or delete them as you see fit.  Admin -> System -> Shared filters/dashboards

I am not able to search a private (dashboard, filter) from the above way.. Can i update the database directly ?

Working on this particular issue, thankfully only for one filter/subscription at this time.

A workaround is:

1. As administrator, you can temporarily activate the user and set a new password
  2. Log out as admin and log in as that user.
  3. Share the filters, dashboards, etc
  4. Log out
  5. Log in as administrator
  6. Change owner
  7. Deactivate user

Please vote for this JIRA: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-31466

I would want to apply a workaround, but for a given filter ID, I don't know whose private filter it is, or can I?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

206 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you