How do i make a private(filter, dashboard,Rapid Board) public ?

Sridhar Nimmagadda July 8, 2015

I have a lot of private (filters, dashboards,Rapid Boards) where users have left the organization or as admins we wan't to modify troublesome queries..

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Philippe Aubin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2015

I use script runner built in script to change ownership of a filter.

If you don`t have it you could user the user switcher plugin to impersonate another user and chage the filter ownership this way. (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.tngtech.jira.plugins.schizophrenia) ---it's free ;)

I am looking for something like this ..thanks!!

Chihara
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2015

To identify filter owner, check searchrequest table.

Mit September 22, 2019

This has helped me as well! Awesome plugin and even better it's free!

0 votes
Biret Agirtan June 30, 2020

Any solutions?

0 votes
Kristof Vandermeersch August 25, 2015

Please vote for this JIRA: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-31466

I would want to apply a workaround, but for a given filter ID, I don't know whose private filter it is, or can I?

0 votes
Sten Sundelin
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 9, 2015

Working on this particular issue, thankfully only for one filter/subscription at this time.

A workaround is:

1. As administrator, you can temporarily activate the user and set a new password
  2. Log out as admin and log in as that user.
  3. Share the filters, dashboards, etc
  4. Log out
  5. Log in as administrator
  6. Change owner
  7. Deactivate user

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2015

As an administrator, you can change the ownership of boards and filters.  If you change them to yourself, you can then share or delete them as you see fit.  Admin -> System -> Shared filters/dashboards

I am not able to search a private (dashboard, filter) from the above way.. Can i update the database directly ?

Suggest an answer