How do i limit a user to a single project?

Alexandra Rasch May 12, 2016

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2016

You have to remove their ability to see everything by removing them from the global groups they might be in, and then create a new layer of access for them ( a new login group, and then add them to only the project they should be seeing)

Alexandra Rasch May 12, 2016

How do i remove them from global groups? Right now they only have access to JIRA software, but i want to constrain them from seeing the projects they don't deal with.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2016

In user management, check their group membership - you will be able to remove them from groups like "JIRA users" - that group is the default "can log in" group and is often used to grant access to every project in the system.

Alexandra Rasch May 13, 2016

Great, this really helped.  Now that i added them to a specific group and removed them from the "JIRA users", how do i invite them to the a single project?

Suggest an answer