How do i get the jira accessing url programmatically not base url set in the system section

Sachin Dhamale May 8, 2015

My base url of JIRA is different than JIRA accessing url. they are mapped in the tomcat.

now i want to get JIRA accessing url in the plugin to call servlet because with the help of base url it give error because its different.

can anyone tell me what is solution for this.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2015

You need to use the same base url as accessing url.

Sachin Dhamale May 8, 2015

Hi Nic; Actually I have map jira accessing url with other url which is base url so when i visit this base url it get redirect to jira's accessing url. but its not feasible in the plugin so i need to get jiras accessing url. does any api available for this or any database table where this url get store?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2015

The base url is always available in JIRA, whereever you are working. Your "accessing" url should NEVER be different from that - JIRA has no awareness of external urls, and it can't. You need to use the base url.

Suggest an answer