How do i get a list of issues that are grandchildren/great-grandchildren, etc...

Andrew L January 8, 2018

Is there a JQL that will give me a list of issues that are grandchildren (and therefore have grandparents)  ?

For example, if:

1) prj-A has a parent prj-B (B is the "Master bug id" of A) and prj-B has parent prj-C (C is the "Master bug id" of B)

2) prj-X has a parent prj-Y (Y is the "Master bug id" of X) and prj-Y has parent prj-Z (Z is the "Master bug id" of Y)

i would like the jql to return prj-A and prj-X

2 answers

1 vote
Eric Willig April 26, 2023

"issuekey in portfolioChildIssuesOf(XXX-123)" <- where "XXX-123" is the key of your parent/grandparent

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2018

Hello,

It is no possible out of the box. You should use an add-on for it. There are a few add-ons available in the marketplace (Power Scripts, Adaptivist Scriptrunner).  If you are on Jira Server/ Data Center you could use Power Scripts add-on. You could write your own JQL function which would cover all your requirement and then you could use this JQL function in JQL queries.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.keplerrominfo.jira.plugins.jjupin/server/overview

If you need assistance with such a script, I could help you.

Andrew L January 8, 2018

I have Adaptivist Scriprunner installed.

It looks like i can use the "linkedIssuesOfRecursive()" function

Thanks for you help.

Suggest an answer