How do i disable the graphical workflow designer

Karyn Ulriksen May 8, 2012

I greatly dislike the graphical workflow designer and always have to remember how to get to the text based version. I would very much like to completely disable this useless graphical version that is always being pushed into my face. I've looked through the plug in list, but i must be missing something.

1 answer

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2012

I greatly admire the technology and the development effort that went into it, but it's true that it's not for everyone, I prefer the old web UI too.

If you wanted to disable it you can go to plugins -> show system plugins, and disable the "workflow designer plugin".

However, it does have one good feature which I regularly use, which is the ability to add new common transitions. Also disabling it is not well handled in the UI... the "view workflow" link on every issue will remain, and you get some error or timeout when it's clicked.

Jozef Kotlár
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2012

I agree with reasoning - designer is valuable for some usages. Anyway I prefer old text based UI, and only place that annoys me is the redirect to GUI after publish action.

Ad view workflow on issue - you can disable it in permission scheme.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 9, 2012

True, good point. But personally I think that link should be provided by the same plugin. Anyway, it's no biggie.

Suggest an answer