How do i default Remember me to true @ JIRA login?

Kyle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2012

I can fix this on Confluence easily, but haven't dug enough to do the same for JIRA v5.1. How do i set this checkbox to true always, so users will not have to relogin again and again.

Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dennis Kromhout van der Meer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2012

You can add javascript to JIRA with something like the following:

<script type="text/javascript">
AJS.$(document).ready(function(){
    //if the "remember me" checkbox exists, check it
    AJS.$("#gadget-0").contents().find('input:checkbox#login-form-remember-me').attr('checked','checked');
});
</script>

Make sure that "#gadget-0" corresponds to the login iframe id, unfortunately it doesn't have have a contstant id or class.

Kyle
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 2, 2012

Thanks Dennis. I'll give it a try.

0 votes
Denis Cabasson November 27, 2013

@Dennis Kromhout van der Meer [Atlassian] : Are you sure this is actually working? In JIRA 6, it seems widget are loaded in their own iframes, so your code would get executed when the main page is loaded, but the iframe wouldn't necessary (probably not) be loaded yet.

Kyle
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 27, 2013

I also modified %JIRA_INSTALL_FOLDER%\atlassian-jira\includes\loginform.jsp here:

<input class="checkbox" id="login-form-remember-me" name="os_cookie" type="checkbox" value="true" />
                <label for="login-form-remember-me" accesskey="<ww:text name="'alt.text.rememberlogin.accessKey'"/>"><ww:text name="'alt.text.rememberlogin'"/></label>

To have value="true" to force the remember me check box to auto-check, but didn't worked at all. All my users still have to click remember me every single time they login.

At least this setting worked on Confluence. Not sure if this value is even used in JIRA.

Kyle
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 1, 2015

http://www.w3schools.com/tags/att_input_checked.asp Simply add an attribute checked or checked="" into the <input /> clause to have it check. Duh.

Nate Moseley September 13, 2019

This doesn't appear to work anymore, in 8.2.4. The tag value="true" is default, and adding checked or checked="checked" seems to be ignored by the template processing, and is not output on the final webpage. Is there some other way to get this to work?

Suggest an answer