How do i configure jira to open issues in a new window

David Lockhart December 3, 2014

I was wondering how i would go about configuring JIRA so that each time you click on a issue it opens in a new window? 

3 answers

1 vote
Chag
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2014

I'm not sure of a way to do this but, you can right click on a issue and click on open in new tab or window. Besides that I don't know another way to do this.

0 votes
David Lockhart December 3, 2014

Thanks

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2014

You can't do it without hacking the code behind the links, and even if you do that, you're going to have to be very careful and think through exactly when it should open a window and when it should not (that would be almost all of the time...)

I'm afraid John's suggestion of "let the user decide when they need a new window by making them use the right-click option" is the only non-coding option, and probably the right choice.

Suggest an answer