How do i change the fields assocciated with an issue type?

Jennnifer O'Brien February 19, 2013

Hi, sorry, but new to using this and needed to create a new Issue type and assign new fields to it, they are currently assocciated to a different issue type, so i need to remove the fields from one Issue type and add those fields to a differen issue type. How can i do this? thanks for your help....

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2013

Hi, thanks so much for getting back to me, i am new to this...so basically i want to see what fields are associated to a specific issue type and then i want to associate them to a different issue type, can't see how i can do it from inside the field configuration....sorry for all the questions...

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2013

no problem jen. you're welcome.

you will need to go step by step though the Fields config (Administration > Issues > Fields)

unless you do not include some customfields at the moment just go directly to "Field Configurations"

you can start by copiing the Default Field Configuration. name it sth you like

edit this config to fit your needs

then go to Field Configuration Schemes and create one (by default there is none)

inside this scheme you can associate the issue types with your previously created or any existing Field Configuration

thanks so much, how can i see what fields are associated with a specific issue for example an Epic?

Or i want to dis-associate fields with a certain issue, any ideas? thanks again

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 19, 2013

if the setting in field confugiration schemes says

Default (Used for all unmapped issue types.)

you can tell that every issue type will use the fields.

if you need Epic (issue-type) to use some different fields you must associate it with a Field Config.

by default every type uses the same configuration. if you need something different you will have to set it up.

it's quite easy though...you will get familiar with that soon (trust me)

also you can use the "where is my field?" admin helper from inside any issues "More Action" if you need to find out why a field is not shown...

thanks so much, got it :)

Suggest an answer