How do i change or remove sprints on epics

Mark Lang March 4, 2016

I need to update the sprint value on the Epic in JIRA 7.0.4 but it looks like once it is set, it won't let me remove or change the sprint.  Other issues are hard to update too but at least those have drag and drop between sprints.  

2 answers

1 vote
Mark Lang March 18, 2016

I figured this out.  You can use the bulk update feature (even if it is one issue) and change the sprint value.  The other option is to use the JIRA Agile REST APIs - https://docs.atlassian.com/jira-software/REST/latest/

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2016

Hi Mark,

When you assign an issue to a sprint, you actually fill out the value representing the sprint in the Sprint custom field. If you want to be able to modify or remove the sprint easily, you can add the Sprint custom field to the view and edit screens that you are using for your project(s). From then onwards, you can simply select the desired sprint for your issue from the issue screen itself.

If you're unsure which screen is being used to view or edit your epic or other issues, go to the issue you want to change. Click the Admin button and select "Where is my field?" (you need administrator permissions for this). Select the Sprint field from the list. JIRA will point you in the right direction on where you should be taking action.

Suggest an answer