How do i change confluence base URL in Jira MYSQL db

AkashD June 14, 2015

Hi recently we have migrated from atlassian hosting to server hosting and I have configured JIRA and confluence on different server with different URL's now i want to update the new url of confluence which is hold by JIRA how do i update all this  

Example :-  if one JIRA ticket hold the old url of confluence which i need to update so when user click on that url it will redirect to new url of confluence 

Please help me  

2 answers

0 votes
petry
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 15, 2015

I faced the same problem in another case and created a bug for that with an Workaround, hope it helps:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-43838

Cheers,
Andre 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2015

There's two questions here.

First, don't use SQL to change the base url.  Change it in the UI under general configuration, and if you have application links between them, go into them and edit the urls in those links

Second - redirection is NOT the same as changing base urls.  If you have users landing on your old defunct Confluence/ JIRA urls, then your best option is to have a web-server sitting there listening on the old urls and issuing an automatic permanent redirect to the new urls.

David O_Donoghue June 16, 2016

Would love to change mine but it doesn't come up when I hit edit settings...

Suggest an answer