How do i change JIRA 7 port 8080 to port 80

Jesse Callejas January 8, 2016

I already did the change in the server.xml file, and even went into the Admin --> General Settings --> Server Base URL and change the port there as well, and nothing. When I do the changes and try to connect to JIRA, the browser stays trying to connect for a very long time and it cannot connect. JIRA is currently installed on windows server 2012. I'have read thing like using a proxy. If that is the case how would I do it in Windows? Thanks in advanced and all your help, for little that it may appear, is totally welcome. Thanks.

Jesse

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2016

Try to update the server.xml in the installation directory. 

Reference: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/installing-jira-on-tomcat-6-0-or-7-0-185729501.html

Jesse Callejas January 11, 2016

Thanks Gabrielle, I did the changes one more time and it did not work. I was about to open a support ticket with Atlassian, however I did not give up, and went ahead and do the changes one more time, and this time for some "Unknown" reason it took the changes, and it worked. Totally weird: "I must say that JIRA works in mysterious ways". Thank you.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2016

Glad to have helped! Sometimes, a "hard refresh" of your browser is needed to pickup the changes.

Suggest an answer