How do i add CC email recipients to a Jira Issue?

bthayer November 3, 2017

Basically i am implementing a ticketing system at my company that will allow this one department to have external communication with our customers through the comment portion of the issue. However, the current process for the department is to email sometimes more than 1 recipient at a time as the email will go to multiple people or would need to include a manager or oversight. Is there a way (even with a plug-in) that i could basically add multiple recipients to these public comments?  

3 answers

2 votes
Everton David November 3, 2017

Hi, If your client send email to your Service Desk and add cc, automatically they'll be add as a participant.
If they're opennig throught Customer Portal, you just need to create a custom field [User Picker (multiple users)] as for example "cc" and to set in your fist "post function" the option [Copy Value From Other Field]
So, you'll just need to copy from custom field "cc" to "participants"

Everton David November 3, 2017

You'll need to do this because the field "Request Participants" can't be show at the Customer Portal

bthayer November 6, 2017

In my specific case i am trying to initiate contact to external customers. So they are not Jira users. And almost all of these contacts need a supervisor cc'd on each email. Does the user picker also pick from my external customer list? And if anyone of them respond to the email, does it all show up under the contact section? Thank you for your suggestions btw

Timeus Solutions November 6, 2017

Case 01: If your Service Desk Agent create a issue for your customer, after their imput the customer e-mail, the sistem will offer to create a new account, case the system can't find the user in your base.

new customer.png

Case 02: If your customers open issues by email and your Service Desk is totally open, they don't need to register, your Service Desk will create a new account for your new contact and all cc (request participants).

Case 03: if your customers will open new issue by Customer Portal, they need creat a new account.before, and you'll need to creat a custom field [User Picker (multiple users)] as for example "cc" and to set in your fist "post function" the option [Copy Value From Other Field].
So, you'll just need to copy from custom field "cc" to "participants"

0 votes
Harold Wong November 3, 2017

You can include them as a watcher or tag them with @ 

If the question is how do you cc someone whom are not in JIRA you would need service desk I believe 

0 votes
Dave Drexler November 3, 2017

Maybe I'm not understanding your question - can't you just "at mention" the others to alert them to the comment?

Suggest an answer