How do i Migrate a project from one cloud instance to another having the same versions

Albert Lakanu September 13, 2017

the 2 cloud instances have the same versions and i just want to migrate a project from one cloud instance to another cloud instance 

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Ryan Kearney
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2017

Hi Albert,

You can use a csv import for the data and then manually copy the other stuff. Or you can look into the JSON option:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-enable-json-export-in-jira-723158427.html

If you are growing and scaling your usage, it might be a good time to look into using server. Cloud has a 25g limit on storage and about a 1 gb cap on the JVM.

Albert Lakanu September 13, 2017

ok, thanks but i need to retain all the history, comments etc, will this work with the CSV import option?

Ryan Kearney
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2017

No...unfortunately. You might want to consider cloning the two cloud instances to staging environments on a server deployment, then merge the two cloned instances into a single server deployment. You could use project configurator to assist with the merge.

Albert Lakanu September 15, 2017

ok, i need to do a rethink here!

Ryan Kearney
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 15, 2017

Feel free to email me at rkearney@adaptavist.com or reach out here if you have any questions =)

Ryan Kearney
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 15, 2017

You could even then re upload to cloud after completing your merges with dev licenses.... But personally I think staying on server is better for scalability. 

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 13, 2017

Hi Albert,

To jump onto Ryan's answer, it is due to the lack of support for single project import into Cloud that would require you to import the issues individually as he suggested.

For more information or for alternative solutions, you can have a look at How to migrate projects from one JIRA Cloud application to another.

Finally, we do have a feature request below, that you can vote on and watch for any updates or changes:

Let us know if you have any questions or trouble with anything we've gone over so far.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Albert Lakanu September 15, 2017

ok thanks Shannon

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 15, 2017

You're welcome, Albert! 

Take care!

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Suggest an answer