How do I view a list of Jira projects assigned to me?

Tina Brown April 26, 2022

How do I see a list of projects that are assigned to me as the project manager? 

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2022

Hi Tina,

Projects are not assigned to individuals exactly. You might be designated as the project lead, however this information is not able to be queried.

now maybe you are asking to find all of the issues assigned to you. This can be found under the your work menu items and assign to me tab.

Tina Brown April 26, 2022

We have a customized field called project manager, so I thought we may be able to query on that field to obtain a list of the projects, not the issues.  Per your response, we cannot do that.  

Thanks for your quick response, Jack!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2022

Ah! Well indeed that is a different story. So with this custom field you could use the following JQL query to find those projects where you have been listed as a project manager.

"Project manager" = currentuser()

Tina Brown May 4, 2022

Thank you, Jack!

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2022

A quick thought - custom fields generally apply to issues in projects, not the project, so "project manager = currentuser()" could easily return a LOT of issues within assorted projects.  It would work, but have ugly results.

But, projects can have project leads, so "project in projectsLeadByUser()" might help if you're doing it that way.

And if you have Projectrak, that does fields at a project level that might include users.

Tina Brown May 4, 2022

Thank you, Nic!  I will try your suggestion. 

Suggest an answer