How do I use the ID of a Custom Field Value in JQL?

ice-ccull October 8, 2013

Hi,

We have the onDemand Version of Atlassian, which is on JIRA 6.1 right now.

I have a custom Field called sharedVersion, for use across multiple projects. This is cf[10892] at an ID level.

I currently have a value for that custom Field that has an id of 11530 and a name of "4.1.X 2013.XX.XX".

I want to be able to adjust the name without having it break any filters that I create when I update the name to "4.1.1 2013.10.09"

I feel like I should be able to have JQL that says:

cf[10892] = 11530

OR

something similar.

The option '11530' for field 'cf[10892]' does not exist.

I believe that worked in JIRA 5.

I cannot find the proper way to reference the Custom Field Value by its ID. Any direction would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Chad

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
ice-ccull October 10, 2013

Based on your example, I was able to create a NEW Custom Field that was a Cascading Select instead of a Select with an ID of 11090. Then I created a value of id=11931.

Then when I use JQL of:

cf[11090] in cascadeOption(11931)

I can get the results I want, which is great. Thank you.

It probably makes sense for me to switch to a Cascading Select.

I am curious still to know if there is a similar feature for a single select, if anyone knows.

0 votes
Jeff Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 8, 2013

What about using cascadeOption (if your custom field is a cascading select)?

cf[10891] in cascadeOption(11530)

ice-ccull October 8, 2013

The Custom Field Type is a Select List (single choice). When I tried

cf[10892] in cascadeOption(11530)

I get a warning The field 'cf[10892]' is not supported by the function 'cascadeOption'. Thanks for the help so far.

Chad

Jeff Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 8, 2013

I'm not able to find a function that will work for a select list. Hopefully someone else will know a way to do this or it might be a feature request to submit.

Sebastian Lutz December 5, 2018

Hi @Jeff Thomas,

has there been any reply or hint how to solve that with select fields in jql so far? Havent seen any progess since 2013 here but am highly interested. 

Thank you

Sebastian

Like JG Meillaud _ likes this
Carol Jones January 18, 2019

I'm also looking for a similar thing but for single and multi-select fields if anyone has ideas they could share?  TIA!

Nate Dame November 11, 2020

I'd also be very interested in a solution that does not require a cascading select field!

JG Meillaud _ February 23, 2021

I'm also interested.

Suggest an answer