How do I use a pert formula in Jira

Samantha Sieverling October 8, 2014

Hi,

We are using JIRA for new feature tracking in our Project Management group.  In new features I would like my Dev's to be able to entire three times, optimistic, best guess, and pessimistic and then have the pert formula applied (O+BG(4)+P)/6, and then show the three entrees as well as spitting out the formula results (on feature page).

I am not savvy enough to write an add-on and I don't want to add to many custom fields, my new features are already starting to look very busy.

I can't seem to find the add-on that I was told existed, by the PM of JIRA at a road show that I attended either.

Perhaps someone can point me at this stuff or tell me a way to do this, or write an add-on that will work?  Suggestions?

Thanks,

Samantha

6 answers

0 votes
Paul Motion September 16, 2020

The add on PERT Calc from ObiWan Soft is only available for JIRA Cloud, (but does the job). The other solution I have found is this code. May need some wrangling but seems solid enough.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Use-Calculate-PERT-in-JIRA/qaq-p/288019

0 votes
Parisa Askarnejad February 8, 2020

I am in the same boat if anyone has figured out please share. This is useful as you can calculate the slack of the project by subtracting the most likely - wors case 

0 votes
Ti Nguyen August 3, 2015

well, it means we have to create some custom fields if we want PERT?

0 votes
Samantha Sieverling August 3, 2015

Not that I am aware of.  Bloody shame really.

0 votes
Ti Nguyen August 3, 2015

any update on this?

0 votes
Jeremy March 31, 2015

Hi,

I would like to know this as well. Being a Software Development Manager there are times that this type of functionality would be incredibly helpful. I know that Microsoft TFS allows for customised fields and we have achieved this utilising this technique.

Cheers,

Jeremy

Suggest an answer