How do I unlink the sprint label across multiple projects

John Kaplan September 23, 2014

I have two projects that have an active sprint with the same identifier number. Now when i change the label for one sprint in one project, it changes the label for a sprint in another project. How can I change the name of one of the sprints and not have it affect another sprint?

5 answers

2 votes
John Kaplan September 29, 2014

Hi Zan, 

Here is the issue I filed, but it was set to resolved as it is known behavior:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-11250

I think I will have to re-submit it as an improvement request.

-John

Zan Buchanan September 29, 2014

Hi @john kaplan] and [~elisa diel [atlassian] I agree with John, this shouldn't be marked as resolved. I've posted a comment on the issue referenced as well.

Jason Smith December 18, 2014

This causes big problems for us... Most groups only have access to their project, and they create names like "Sprint 1" and so they step all over each other and then complain when they don't have access to close the sprint. It creates a huge support/administrative mess.

0 votes
Dale Matthews November 15, 2016

Hi - is there a resolution for this yet? I am having same issue.

Cheers.

0 votes
Zan Buchanan September 28, 2014

I have the same problem - I have two projects but since running sprints in each the numbering has gone out of sync when I try searching in filters.

@John Kaplan do you have the issue number you raised?

Tx,

Zan

0 votes
John Kaplan September 26, 2014

Hi Elisa,

I raised an issue, trying to work through it now. 

Thank You!

Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 26, 2014

Sure thing! :)

0 votes
Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 25, 2014

Hi John,

We might have to change it directly on the database. Could you please raise a ticket on Atlassian SAC (support.atlassian.com) under JIRA Cloud so we can better investigate it? smile

Cheers!

Suggest an answer