How do I turn on the Watcher Popup?

Deleted user September 28, 2012

Hey,

I'm trying to get a new project set up and I want to have everyone be able to add/change watchers on tasks. I set it up so that everyone has this but I can't figure out how to enable the Popup which would make searching for them and adding them so much easier. According to everything I found on the help page it should...just be there...

Associated Question: If I can get that working is it possible to assign an entire group as watcher? That would also make our lives easier....

Jira Info:

Edition enterprise
Version 4.1.2
Build Number 531

1 answer

0 votes
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2012
Partial answer: to notify a group of users on all events you could add a group picker custom field, e.g "watcher group" to your project and specify this custom field name "watcher group" in all events of the notification scheme.
Deleted user September 28, 2012

Ok, I assume that would be easy but not much different than just setting it up to notify the entire group associated with the Project, which we already rejected because it will spam a lot of people who may or may not care. Thanks though.

Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2012
Hmm, i'm note sure if i understood your alternate question. My interpretation is that you want to use any existing Jira group as watcher on an issue and you want have this group notified by email on changes to the issue. According to my answer each issue could have it's own watcher group. If you use some reasonable small groups only and also limit the group custom field to some important events in the notifiction scheme there won't be too much spam

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events