How do I turn off the Activity Stream feature?

Andy Keyworth May 7, 2015

We've found that the Activity Stream has been consuming a lot of our server resources. I'd like to try disabling it. I've already done so from our Dashboards, but how do I disable it from the button in the main JIRA menu bar (see picture)?

ActivityStream.jpg

2 answers

7 votes
Administrator January 14, 2016

Hi Arthur,

I think disabling the Add-on "JIRA Activity Stream" is not an option.

We did just that and at the next system restart some important add-ons were not working anymore:

Tempo Timesheet, Structure

Those add-ons seem to have some kind of dependency to some module inside the "JIRA Activity Stream"-Add-on.

So we re-enabled the Add-on but disabled the following modules inside of the Add-on:

Activity Stream Issue Tab Panel (activity-stream-issue-tab)
Activity Stream (activitystream-gadget)

That setup is still working after a server restart.

BR

Dominik

SABVARX April 15, 2017

Thank you Arthur for providing the solution and specifying the modules that can be disabled without impacting the system! It saved me a lot of time (y)

Like Heather R likes this
Sven Vogt March 4, 2021

Thanks for this!

1 vote
Arthur Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 8, 2015

Hi Andy,

You can go to JIRA Administration > Add-ons and then disable the "JIRA Activity Stream" plugin on your instance (it is located under System plugins).

Please note that we do not recommend you to disable core plugins, as they can affect the stability of your instance.

-- Arthur Gonçalves

Suggest an answer