How do I turn off the Activity Stream feature?

We've found that the Activity Stream has been consuming a lot of our server resources. I'd like to try disabling it. I've already done so from our Dashboards, but how do I disable it from the button in the main JIRA menu bar (see picture)?

ActivityStream.jpg

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Arthur,

I think disabling the Add-on "JIRA Activity Stream" is not an option.

We did just that and at the next system restart some important add-ons were not working anymore:

Tempo Timesheet, Structure

Those add-ons seem to have some kind of dependency to some module inside the "JIRA Activity Stream"-Add-on.

So we re-enabled the Add-on but disabled the following modules inside of the Add-on:

Activity Stream Issue Tab Panel (activity-stream-issue-tab)
Activity Stream (activitystream-gadget)

That setup is still working after a server restart.

BR

Dominik

Thank you Arthur for providing the solution and specifying the modules that can be disabled without impacting the system! It saved me a lot of time (y)

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Andy,

You can go to JIRA Administration > Add-ons and then disable the "JIRA Activity Stream" plugin on your instance (it is located under System plugins).

Please note that we do not recommend you to disable core plugins, as they can affect the stability of your instance.

-- Arthur Gonçalves

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

203 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you