How do I turn off JIRA time tracking?

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2013

We are using Tempo and have time tracking enabled. It seems I have to enable JIRA time tracking in order for Tempo to work - else no Log Work button appears. But, how do I turn off the JIRA time tracking dialog as it appears under More Actions.

I need for users to utilize the Tempo dialog and not the JIRA one. And, in many cases, 2 Log Work menu items appear under More Actions.

Any advise if GREATLY appreciated!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2013

You can to UPM > Show System Plugins and disable View Issue Ops Bar Work Link module under Issue Operations Plugin.

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 4, 2013

Hi Jobin,

If I disable that, will that turn the Log Work menu bar option off? That Log Work is associated with the Tempo log work screen; one of the ones under more actions is associated with the JIRA time tracking screen.

Do you mind clarifying?

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 4, 2013

It disables the JIRA one.

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 4, 2013

Thank you! I also found this, too in case someone needed to disable the additional functionality. But, what you suggested was just what I needed.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-23935?focusedCommentId=412695

Suggest an answer