How do I troubleshoot missing git commit messages in my Jira tickets?

Sandy Lyons September 17, 2013

When a Git commit message contains a Jira ticket number, eg ELE-1234 then usually on committing the corresponding Hira ticket is updated with commit info. Sometimes this seems to fail commits where a valid ticket number has been correctly specified - no commit info ends up in a Jira ticket. What can I do to find out what's causing this/how to fix it? Looking at the OnDemand Bitbucket Importer plugin info on our Manage Add-Ons page doesn't help - there's no logging/configuration info there.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sandy Lyons September 30, 2013

Thanks for the response. We hadd checked all of those to no avail. It turned out that the DVCS add-on (on /admin/ConfigureDvcsOrganizations!default.jspa) was showing that it hadn't synced for the project in question for several days. Choosing to 'Sync Repo' got commit messages appearing in tickets again. (I had been looking at the wrong add-on to begin with!).

0 votes
AgentSmith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 23, 2013

In some cases, the user doesn't have permission to log work. You can check the permission scheme for the project where the tickets reside.

A few other possibilities:

•The email address cannot be found in JIRA.

•The are more users in JIRA with the same email address. As emails are used to map to JIRA users, they should be unique in JIRA to have the feature working.

•The email address is not configured in Git or Mercurial. User should configure an email address in .hgrc or .gitconfig.

Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer