How do I transition an issue to another status when using Mobile View on an iPhone

Maria Labat October 27, 2014

The only actions that are available are 'watching' and 'Assigning' items. Can I transition an issue to another status. If I resolve an item while I am out of the office and using my mobile device I need to be able to change the status to resolved.

6 answers

1 vote
HerrDerb February 9, 2017

I read that you won't do this as you've got a native JIRA app for mobile devices.

I'm using the upcoming Vivaldi browser which has this great paneel function. It really speeds up working with JIRA as you don't need to navigate to JIRA anymore. Instead you just flip open the panel do some changes on the ticket and continue the work. Only problem is, that the panel renders the mobile view of the given web page. this means I have a neat and tidy overview of my tickets, but I cannot really work with them.

Unbenannt.PNG

Is this topic really off the table? It still would be very usefull.

regards marco

0 votes
Karl Beaver July 27, 2017

Does anyone know of a solution to this, perhaps a plugin? This is a significant shortcoming for self-hosted Jira instances.

Edit: It appears that Mobile for Jira and and Mobility for Jira are plugins that offer this functionality, but the reviews are mixed and they aren't free.

0 votes
jsieber_aca April 25, 2017

For those that host their own Jira installation. This is disappointing. A very basic feature that should be present in the browser-based mobile view.

0 votes

I read that you won't do this as you've got a native JIRA app for mobile devices.

I'm using the upcoming Vivaldi browser which has this great paneel function. It really speeds up working with JIRA as you don't need to navigate to JIRA anymore. Instead you just flip open the panel do some changes on the ticket and continue the work. Only problem is, that the panel renders the mobile view of the given web page. this means I have a neat and tidy overview of my tickets, but I cannot really work with them.

Unbenannt.PNG

regards marco

0 votes
Maria Labat October 28, 2014

Thanks for the feedback - I will keep an eye on this.

0 votes
Jose Raupp
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2014

Hey Maria,

Unfortunately it is not possible to perform such actions at this moment, but we do have an improvement request for this at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-33125. Please feel free to add yourself as a watcher so you can get notified on that along the time.

In the meanwhile, you can transition issues on your iPhone by clicking on "Switch to desktop version" so you can see JIRA on Desktop View.

Cheers,

Jose Raupp

Unbenannt.PNG

regards marco

Suggest an answer