How do I transfer admin ownership on our account when former admin is gone and unreachable?

Chuka Ikokwu July 8, 2021

Our former JIRA admin has left (he was the admin) and we need to transfer admin ownership, but he doesn't know the password to log into his email and that email was terminated some time back; what do we do?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Markus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2021

A) Hopefully he wasn't the technical or billing contact on the account outlined at my.atlassian.com. If he wasn't and you are raise a ticket at getsupport.atlassian.com

B) Reactivate his email, reset his Atlassian password, sign in transfer ownership and deactivate the email

^This presumes it's Cloud, for server or DC if you have access to the VM hosting the application you can easily get admin access.

Chuka Ikokwu July 8, 2021

That worked! Markus you are a genius! Thanks.

Like Markus likes this
Markus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2021

No worries! Glad I could be of assistance :)

Suggest an answer