How do I stop receiving notifications for a specific task?

Kris van der Starren September 25, 2013

I'd like to stop receiving notifications for a specific task within a project. Is that possible? I don't want to disable notification for the whole project, only specific tasks with the project.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kim Poulsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2013

You should probably look into removing yourself as watcher on those issues.

Also the mailer default setup is mailing left and right on any issue event. You could look into using a different scheme which sends mails in more specific situations.

Generally if you are the reporter, the assignee, or have commented on an issue you will get notified. Commenters and assignees can "unwatch" on an issue. Reporters cannot.

0 votes
Kris van der Starren September 30, 2013

Thanks for the responses. Since it was only one specific task that I didn't want to receive notifications for, what I did was simply edit the task to make the Reporter "System Administrator" which seems to be a default user - perhaps created since we're using OnDemand.

0 votes
Deleted user September 25, 2013

I had a similar issue. Being the scrum master of 2 teams I was creating a majority of the stories/tasks for the sprints and every time some chnaged something I got notified. Slightly irritating to say the least.

I tried the stop watching and turned the auto watch off on my profile, but didn't help. I then got the admins to create me a new notification scheme where I only get notified in certain instances, one of them being if I am specifically mentioned in a comment or when an issue is closed.

I stand corrected but the notifications are project based.

Suggest an answer