How do I stop notifications for a JIRA issue that is "In progress"

Rob Rawson June 24, 2014

I tried to change this in the notification schemes but it didn't seem to work. Which notification scheme specifically applies to notifications for when a ticket is "In progress"

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2014

Hi Rob,

Notifications are not based on status, they are send out whenever an event has been triggered.

The events that are used can be found in your notification scheme.

These events are either triggered by JIRA automatically (for example:the comment added event) or by the workflow transitions in their post-functions.

It is not possible to say: only send out events for issues that are not in state 'In Progress'

You could ofcourse edit your notification scheme and remove everybody from receiving notifications when an issue has been updated, or commented, and so on.

Some more information can be found here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Email+Notifications

Do keep in mind that not everything that's mentioned here is possible on OnDemand.

I think the best solution for you would be to limit the number of emails send out by JIRA by making the notification scheme simpler.

Best regards,

Peter

Suggest an answer