How do I stop my column selection from changing filters other than the one that I'm trying to change.

Marilyn Ibos January 27, 2016

I'm in a filter, and I changed the columns.  Later I go to another filter, and find that it's column have now been changed.  I tried to make sure the filter wasn't open in another browser, but that didn't help. 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2016

There's two places column definitions are stored.

1) On a filter.   When someone uses a filter and saves it, they get the "set columns for filter" option in the top right.  The column list defined in there is saved with the filter

2) Your setup.  If you choose a set of columns on the issue navigator, that setup belongs to you.  It will be used by default, when you write new filters, when a filter has not got it's own definition, and you can always switch back to it, even when a filter does have it's own list.

I suspect your saved filters have not got their own definitions, and what you are doing is editing your own columns every time.  Have a look for the "set columns" option in the top right tools menu

Suggest an answer