How do I stop email notifications for admin users?

strich June 8, 2016

As best as I can tell I have configured everything correctly, yet I still seem to be email notifications of ticket status changes for all of our tickets. I believe it is because I'm an admin user and this role gets all ticket notifications by default? I cannot figure out where this is configured.

3 answers

0 votes
Ernests Lipko May 29, 2020

I am having the same issue with Jira Cloud. Can't find anything. Very annoying,,,

Daragh O'Loughlin January 19, 2021

I'm also having this problem

0 votes
Bryan Trummer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2016

Are you by chance the project lead in the project that is sending you emails?

strich June 8, 2016

Yes I am.

0 votes
Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2016

It will be in your notification scheme for each project. Remove the admin user from any group/role assigned to the notification events you no longer wish to receive.

strich June 8, 2016

The notification scheme is set on a project basis isn't it? Here is a screenshot of the only scheme we have for all of our projects. I am still getting notifications for issues I am not watching or assigned to.

Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2016

Very strange. Difficult to diagnose without access.

You might also check the workflows and see if there are post-functions sending notifications.

Let me know if you need help with that.

strich June 8, 2016

The workflows are the default software workflows. The Notification Helper tells me I shouldn't get emails for my user for tickets that I clearly do get emails for.

My user account is the one that started and created the entire account. My guess is that, somewhere, I'm subscribed to all updates as I am the 'owner' of everything?

Suggest an answer