How do I standardize or Automate Creating Scrum Software Development Projects?

Manuel Ledesma December 28, 2016

I am trying to standardize or automate my projects to always use the same boards, workflows, issue types and user groups every time I create a new one versus always having to go in and make all the necessary edits or copying of boards. Is this possible?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 28, 2016

Hi Manuel,

You can go a long way by setting up a template project which holds your default schemes. Then, consider these options:

• When you create a new project, at the bottom of the create dialog select "create with shared configuration". You will then get to choose your template project:

Screen Shot 2016-12-29 at 11.12.04.png

• use Scriptrunner, which comes with a built-in Copy Project script. The advantage there is that it also allows you to additionally copy data like versions, components, your assigned users and even a board:

Screen Shot 2016-12-29 at 11.14.49.png

mary ansary January 6, 2024

How to automation scrum boards in Jira Cloud?

0 votes
Manuel Ledesma January 23, 2017

Hi Walter, 

Thanks so much for the reply. Apologies for taking so long to check back but I was expecting some kind of notification when someone replied to my question. I know now to check back often. 

I will give this a try!

Suggest an answer